Why Are We Hiding

Feelings and emotions can be one of the hardest things to talk about. I know personally I like to hide things, and not always tell everyone how I feel. Some times I even think I can hide how I feel from God. As silly as that sounds I know plenty of people struggle with this. The best part is, we do not have to wear a mask over our hearts before our Father. We can let it all out, and just be as broken as we really are. In that one moment that you are open and allow God to see you He heals you. Not only do people try to hide things, but they also just think "Oh God knows how I feel already so why should I tell Him?" Communication is the most important part of a relationship. If you are not communicating in constant prayer with God how do you expect Him to be close to you? So many times I have asked myself "Mallorie, why are you hiding? What has God done to make you think that He cannot be trusted with your feelings?" That is where I find myself stuck. If those questions were about anyone else I could list reason after reason for why they cannot be trusted, but those questions are about God. My Father has never broken a promise to me. My Father has never forsaken me, or left me alone in a time of need. My Father has never given up on me even when I gave up on Him. That is the beauty of God. Even though we all hide from Him time to time He is still right there beside us. He is just asking us why we will not let Him comfort us. Through my last couple of weeks I have really noticed how guilty I have been of hiding my emotions from God. I get so comfortable hiding everything from everything else around me I have noticed I have started to do that with God. The craziest part about this is I know what I am doing now, and I can stop. The best thing about God is knowing that His love is just always around me, it is overwhelming my soul. I know that that love never stops either. I could never make my God not love me. So my encouragement for you- Do not hide your thoughts and feelings from God. Let them out, be real with Him. Talk to Him and tell Him everything that is going on even though He already knows. He is still listening and it makes your relationship with Him so much stronger. I mean why would we not want the King of all Kings to comfort us. He is our rock, and our stable ground even when everyone else we have ran to seems to be shaky. 

Hebrew 4:13 " Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, You Hold me, Forever You Hold Me.

Jesus Calms a Storm

Though we don't understand our Father does.