Jesus Calms a Storm

For so many people it is so easy to worship and praise Jesus when everything is going right. When life is good and you are being surrounded by your friends and family and things seem to be going how you want. You are happy and for you it is easy to praise God and talk about how great our Father is. 

But what happens to that joy and happiness when something goes wrong? What happens when something you think is so unfair occurs?  When a friend is taken out of your life unexpectedly? Some times when bad things happen we find ourselves wanting to blame God and we start to question Him. We do not stop to think how God was in the situation we only focus on the tragedy that occurred. 

Yesterday some of my friends went hiking. They just wanted to enjoy a day that God had blessed us with. While hiking one of our friends fell an died. Faith Helbig was a sweet, outspoken, spunky, lively girl. I had the honor of getting to know her. She was a light to many. Her heart was beautiful and she was such a daughter. The heart breaking news has left many in pieces. Her family, her friends, her dorm sisters, we are all just in shock and grieving. 

Even though we are grieving though, we know that we are not alone. Not only is out Gods heart breaking with ours, but the wonderful people at Liberty Univeristy are breaking with us. They are grieving with us and praying for us. They are encouraging and uplifting us. As hard as it is to deal with this we have to know that we are safe, we are loved, and that Jesus will calm this storm. 

There is never anything to great for Jesus, and at this point in our lives is when we need Him most. We need His strength to get us through a day. We need His love to let us know that we are loved. We need His comforting arms to know that we are going to be okay. God gives and takes away, and He took home one of His daughters 

I was in global studies class today just like any other day. I felt sick to my stomach just thinking about everything, but I refuse to let satan win. I look over at Jon as he is reading his Bible and the first thing I see is JESUS CALMS A STORM. I literally couldn't help but smile. That was Gods way of saying to me "Mallorie this season you may be in a storm but I calm the waves that thrash against your boat. I calm the winds that throw you around." He wants every girl on M28-1 to know that. 

Girls, Jesus wants you to know that He is going to calm this storm. He is walking on the water reaching out for your hand. In these had times we have to remember that He will never leave us. Like a song i heard this morning say "He is ever faithful ever strong, never shaken never moved." Even through this trial He is faithful and always will be. Lean on the Father and cling to Him in this time. Thank and praise Abba in this hard time, cry out to Him because He is always near. Never forget that He has gone before us and prepared our way. 

This is never something easy to deal with, but I know that God is at work in the midst of this darkness. I know the girls on my hall know that to. Our hall is not just a hall, were a family, and when one hurts we all hurt. So I lift up the girls on my hall to The Lord. I lift up their hearts and minds and I lift up Faiths family. 

God is a good Dad. He never has left is to go through something alone, so remember in this you are not alone. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, You Hold me, Forever You Hold Me.

Though we don't understand our Father does.