Be My Everything

We all have those moments where we finally realize the answer to a question we have been having for so long. That moment honestly can break a person down. For me it brought me to my knees tonight.

I have been reading a book written by Heidi Baker called "Compelled by Love" and this book has been wrecking my life. The book has been changing how I think about a lot of things. It has been teaching me that everything I do should be done out of love. Me alone as a person, I have nothing to give. I do not care if my name is known, I just want to see the glory of Jesus Christ be known on this earth. We should be so poor in spirit that we have nothing else to do but to lean on and listen to God. We should be laid down lovers for His kingdom. It talks about how all we need to do is be willing to give up everything we have for the One who gave it all for us. This book has caused me to start evaluating what I have been doing more closely.

One thing I have been noticing myself doing is I will say "Jesus be my everything, be everything to me," but the problem is I am not letting Him. I beg and beg Him to be everything that I could want or ask for. I beg Him to fulfill my deepest desires, and then I do not let Him. Tonight at campus church we sang the song "Be my Everything" and was on my face before the Lord. God really spoked to me and said "Mallorie, you yearn for more, but you do not trust me with everything. You do not trust me to be everything for you because if you would let me, I would fulfill your every need. How can I be your everything my beloved if you wont let Me?"

After hearing my Father say that to me I broke. How could I be so blind to my own pride and not see the walls I have put up in my heart. For Him to be my everything I must allow myself to become completely vulnerable in every aspect of my life. I must open my heart more to Him, and learn to trust that Jesus the living God will fulfill my everything. I must be fully and utterly depended on my Father and how good He is to me. My life has to be completely yielded at His feet. I must humble myself before Him.

We all have these questions we ask God. We all wonder certain things. So think about are you asking God for something and then not letting Him work in your life. Are you asking God to heal something and then not letting Him? Are you asking Him to help you with something, and then not trying? Are you begging to know Him more, but not searching? Are you longing for Him to be your everything, but not trusting Him with your everything?

It is never easy to admit when we do things wrong. Its never easy to admit where we are struggling with God, but once you have that moment with Dad and you realize where you are struggling you can do something about it. You can ask Him to help you with the areas you struggle in. I know after tonight He will only strengthen me and allow me to trust in him more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, You Hold me, Forever You Hold Me.

Jesus Calms a Storm

Though we don't understand our Father does.