Definitely a Daddy's Girl

Today I was so excited to go back to Lynchburg. I got to the airport on time, I got my bags checked and I was ready to go. My flight to Montgomery was late but I did not think anything about it. I get on the plane and I listened to music for like an hour. I land in Charlotte and once I turn my phone on I get a text from my dad that says CALL ME 911. I knew something was up so  I called only to find out that my flight to Lynchburg was canceled. They said the next flight was not until Sunday. At this point I am scared to death. I have never dealt with this. So my dad tells me that my bags should be down stairs as I sit patiently waiting on my friend to come pick me up. Keep in mind she is driving from Lynchburg to Charlotte, a 3 hour drive, just to get me. I go through hell and back to get my bags honestly. I was told several times that they were already flown out to Lynchburg, but thats impossible when the plane hadn't left yet. So my dad who is all the way in Alaska is calling people, the airport, and doing everything he can to make sure his little princess is taken care of. I could not be more thankful for my dad at this point. He knew how upset and stressed out I was and he was doing all that he could to make me happy, and to make things on me easier. I have been blessed with a dad that does so much for me and I don't realize that until I am stuck in an airport in North Carolina, no bags and no clue where I am going or what I am doing. I have never had to deal with canceled flights, lost luggage or anything. God really pulls through though. I know as a 19 year old i should probably know more about an airport than i do, but I don't, luckily God has given me a earthly father that cares so much for me he bends over backwards, practically breaking his back to get me taken care of. I love my father. Do we have a perfect relationship? no, but that does not make me love him less. My dad comes through not only in ways like tonight, but also in spiritual ways. He gives such good, needed advice. Normally it is not even worldly advice it is spiritual. God knew what kind of dad I needed. I needed one who was going to take care of me when were in all the way across the United States from one another. I needed a father who could encourage me, but also be a little harsh at times when I need it. My dad is probably better than anyone's. Always running to my side when I need anything.  Honestly this is my way of thanking my dad for being such a wonderful man, and for putting up with me for so long! I do not know how he did it but I'm sure glad he does.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, You Hold me, Forever You Hold Me.

Jesus Calms a Storm

Though we don't understand our Father does.