Though we don't understand our Father does.

If I had all the answers to life that would be great. If I knew why bad things happened to great people I would be content. But I don't understand why good people die in unfortunate ways, and I don't know why it has to happen to someone who was so harmless. Recently my dad dragged me to Alaska. Not wanting to go of course I still went. I was very weary how things would go just me and dad in Alaska for over a week. Well I got there late that night and the next morning dad was dragging me to work. I so didn't want to go sit in an office all day, but I just didn't know what God had planned for me.

My dad had a secretary named Lavonna, and she was a pistol let me tell you. She was a sweet, caring woman, but she didn't take crap from anyone. She would do whatever it takes to take care of someone even someone who has hurt her. She was a strong willed woman who worked hard. Over the week Mrs Lavonna and I got really close. We would ride around and do things for dad, but we also had great life talks. I opened up to Mrs. Lavonna about my dad and boys and just the normal things. I trusted her. No one has ever given me as great advice as her. She encouraged me to do what makes me happy, not to let what others say get me down. She encouraged me to be my own person, not what someone wants me to be.

One of the most important things to me about this trip was that I got to share Jesus and my story with Mrs. Lavonna. Do I know where she was with Jesus? No, unfortunately I don't, but I do know that their was a reason I was in Alaska. I wasn't meant to go climb the tallest mountain proclaiming God's word over thousands of people. I was meant for one. It was divine intervention that I met Mrs. Lavonna a week and a half before she had her life taken. She was meant to hear my story.

I got so close to her in such a short amount of time and I will carry the lessons and the wise words that she told me wherever I go. I learned how to care for someone who has hurt you unconditionally by watching her and hearing her talk about her ex husband.  I will always remember how when I got mad she would tell me "Just Breathe" and I would immediately just think about how blessed I am. I don't handle death well, I don't know of anyone who does, but I do know that with the Heavenly Father by my side I can walk, crawl, or stumble through this dark time.

When we don't understand we need to trust that Jesus has a plan that is working for our good and that is refining us. I know that by the time I left Alaska that God had strengthen mine and my fathers relationship. He gave me and my dad great memories to look back on like when I fell off the bike and almost went head first into a creek. God also gave me a chance to get to know Mrs Lavonna, and to tell her about Him and His love. I never know how my story could have touched her, and I pray that it did. I know that my God is bigger than death. He is bigger than any fear we may have.

Like I said earlier I wasn't called to the thousands of Alaska I was called to one and that is something I feel we all need to keep in our mind everyday. Maybe wherever we are we aren't called to tell thousands about Jesus and them all get saved. Maybe whoever we tell about God isn't even going to get saved when we tell them. We just need to keep in mind that wherever we are we aren't there without purpose. One person can change a life, are you going to be that person?

Comments

  1. It is our job to plant that seed, and the Holy Spirit will take it from there! So glad you got to be used by God in such a mighty way, but I am sorry that you had to deal with her death. *Hugs!*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, You Hold me, Forever You Hold Me.

Jesus Calms a Storm