Jesus is giving you a chance, don't waste it.

1 Peter 1:13 says " Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revolution of Jesus Christ." That verse right there tells you to ready your mind, be educated, be smart. And as I move closer and closer to my classes actually starting I can feel the excitement growing. I am excited and nervous, full of questions at this point. I have met so many people, and I was so glad to finally meet someone from the same state! I met Mary Grace Owen last night, turns out she is my dorm sister, and this is exciting for me. Not only is it exciting because she is from Alabama, but also she has my cousins name. Here at Liberty they put enphasis on building relationships, not only a relationship with Christ but the other believers that make up the body of Christ. To help out with meeting people they have brother dorms for the girls. Every girl dorm has a "brother dorm" which is basically a guy dorm that they grow really close to. You do a lot of activities with your brother dorm such as playing sports, and sitting together at Convocation, or going to eat with them. I have met so many people already and I can't wait to meet more. Today in convocation Johnnie Moore was talking about how we have brains, we need to use them. That God made us humans and we need to be good at. And the one thing that stuck with me the most today was Jesus is giving you a chance, DON'T WASTE IT!!! The fact that I am at Liberty is a huge deal. I have an oppurtunity not only to get an education, but to also serve God to the fullest where I am at. We are training to be champions of Christ here, and to do so one met stay determined, focused, and diligent. I know that I have a great opportunity I just never thought of it as Jesus giving it to me. He has a plan for me, and that's why I am here. He is going to use me to serve him in ways that I never even imagined. One thing I am the worlds worst at is taking things for granted whether it be people, or the chances I get to do things most others don't. I am here to learn and serve my Lord and I am not going to take that for granted. It is going to take a lot of time to get used to because I still barely know how I feel. I am figuring out who I am now. This whole college thing is like a piece of blank paper, and my story is about to start. The things I do here will determine my future. Not only do i need to study though, I need to start finding that Christ like love in myself. I need to start loving others the way Christ loves me.  It is only my third day of being here. I really am enjoying getting to know one of my roommates. Her named is Candace and she is a junior her at Liberty. She is beyond sweet, and she thinks I'm hilarious. She seems to be going through a lot of the same things I am at this point and that helps. My other roommate Kayla isn't in the room much just due to color guard activities, but she is sweet as well.  But even though I've met so many people I am still trying to make friends. Some times I just don't fit in, which I know everyone can feel that way at some point and time. I'm trying very hard to figure out how I am coping with all this change, but I honestly couldn't tell you how I feel, because to tell you the truth I don't even know myself. I have gone through so much just in the last week and a half that I think I've basically just blocked out all my feelings. I am in a constant struggle with my heart trying to get something out of it. My dad has been texting me telling me "no boys, you are a nun" my mom always asking how everything is going. I like that my parents still talk to me everyday it makes this transition a little easier. I'm not sure how I feel about being here, the friends I am making, finding my way around, the relationship that will sooner or later come along. Speaking from where I stand right now though I'm not ready for a relationship. I'm not ready to trust someone again, and I think God doesn't want me in a relationship right now.  Right now God wants me consintrated on who I am and what my purpose is in this world. It's so frustrating the feelings that I am having right now because at one moment I feel content and happy the next I'm just completely unsure of where I'm at and who I am. The only thing I really know to do at this point is fall to my knees and pray about it. God heals the broken hearted, and makes them whole again. God is for us, He is on our team. No one ever stands a chance against us. I am about to go to my freshman seminar, not knowing how to get there, thats the tricky part. Learning this campus is like walking through a maze, but rest assured I was told it gets easier. This whole college life thing I can tell is already going to be a challenge. Not just the work, the way I'm going to have to disciplin myself to go to class, get up on time, get healthy, work out and putting my technology away while I study is going to be a challenge. Also having respect for two people that live in the same room as you is going to be hard. Just the fact that I always thought college was going to be so easy, and now I am realizing it's not is confusing me even more. I haven't been able to talk to Rebecca much just due to her starting school and me being so busy, and that hurts. I don't want to lose touch with my best friend so I am going to have to try to manage my time wisely with her to. I know that the Lord has got me in His hands and would never give me too much to hanlde, but I need prayers from ya'll. I need every prayer I can get. And even though I'm scared, and confused at this point I still realize the huge chance Jesus has given me and I am taking it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, You Hold me, Forever You Hold Me.

Jesus Calms a Storm

Though we don't understand our Father does.